Goods and Service Tax is applicable to all Indian service providers(including freelancers), traders and manufacturers, once their supply turnover crosses Rs. 20 lakh. The GST is an all-in-one tax that subsumes a variety of state(VAT, Entertainment Tax, Luxury Tax, Octroi) and central taxes(CST, Service Tax, Excise Duty).
Dear VAT Dealers, Your GSTN Provisional ID and password has been created.Please login to Gujarat VAT website to view your credentials.
- Step 1: Visit on Gujarat VAT Department Website or Service tax website in case of service tax dealer and then click on “E-Services” available at your State VAT Website or service tax website
- Step 2: Login by using you VAT ID & Password or by Service tax user ID & Password
- Step 3: Now a Pop Window is showing in your web page or computer screen, where you may find your GST Provisional ID and Password, please note above Credentials..these details are required to login on New GST Portal.
- GST 18% Rate Item List in India
- GST Penalties, Offenses and Appeals
- GST 12% Rate Item List in India
- GST 5% Item List in India
GST Registration in Gujarat:
- Go on http://www.commercialtax.gujarat.gov.in/ and Log in with VAT Id & Password.
- Click on GST link (which is blinking).
- After clicking give a provisional ID and password of GST.
- Dealer will now open GSTN Portal (www.gst.gov.in) for Further Enrolment Process/. Check procedure for GST login at GST Portal
- For first time log in, click the NEW USER LOGIN
- Tick on Declaration submit through continue button.
- Enter provisional id provided by state authority
- Enter password provided by State authority.
- Enter Captcha value shown in image.
- Enter valid email and mobile no
- Enter separate OTP received on email and mobile
- Click on Resend OTP button in case OTP is expired.
- Enter the New user name and new password for the next time log in and fill up other details.
- Enter security answers. This is required to reset password in case user forgets.
- Now log in with new user name and password.
- Fillup details of business.
- Enter details of promoter/partner details.
- Enter details of authorized signatory.
- Enter details of principal place of business.
- Enter details of additional place of business
- Enter details of bank accounts.
- Submit details with DSC/E-Signature.
- Select DSC from pop up window and sign.
- On successful submission it will show message on screen and you will receive notification with unique application reference number (ARN) on your registered email address and mobile phone number.
Required Documents for GST Registration:
- Provisional ID received from State/ Central Authorities
- Password received from the State/ Central Authorities
- Valid E-mail Address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC
Stay tuned with us for more updates about “GST Registration Process for Existing Gujarat VAT Dealers”.